Make Your Holidays Extra Cheesy with Campfire’s Roasted Poblano Mac and Cheese
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of: Campfire at The Stella | Bryan, Texas
As the holiday season draws near, many people are planning scrumptious feasts for family and friends alike. At Campfire at the Stella, Chef Nick Green cooks this beloved holiday classic with a slight twist. His version of mac and cheese combines white cheddar cheese, Shiner beer, fire roasted hatch chiles, yellow cheddar cheese, and whipped Boursin cheese for a creamy concoction that is sure to delight all. Be the hit of the day with this delicious recipe!
Roasted Poblano Mac and Cheese
- 4 ounces shell pasta, cooked
- 2 ounces white cheddar to weight
- 2 ounces preferred beer (Campfire uses Shiner or Lager)
- 1 1/2 ounces fire roasted hatch chiles
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch + 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 ounces yellow cheddar
- Dollop of whipped Boursin cheese
- Bring green chile and beer to simmer.
- Add grated white cheddar and whisk until melted.
- Once cheese is melted, add corn starch and water mixture.
- Add pasta.
- Melt grated yellow cheddar on top and garnish with a dollop of whipped Boursin cheese. Enjoy!