At Campfire at the Stella, Chef Nick Green cooks this beloved holiday classic with a slight twist. His version of mac and cheese combines white cheddar cheese, Shiner beer, fire roasted hatch chiles, yellow cheddar cheese, and whipped Boursin cheese for a creamy concoction that is sure to delight all. Be the hit of the day with this delicious recipe!
Roasted Poblano Mac and Cheese
- 4 ounces shell pasta, cooked
- 2 ounces white cheddar to weight
- 2 ounces preferred beer (Campfire uses Shiner or Lager)
- 1 1/2 ounces fire roasted hatch chiles
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch + 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 ounces yellow cheddar
- Dollop of whipped Boursin cheese
- Bring green chile and beer to simmer.
- Add grated white cheddar and whisk until melted.
- Once cheese is melted, add corn starch and water mixture.
- Add pasta.
- Melt grated yellow cheddar on top and garnish with a dollop of whipped Boursin cheese. Enjoy!