Freebirds Tailgating Recipes
Recipes courtesy of Freebirds World Burrito
Freebirds’ Seasonal Creamy Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 pound jalapenos
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup oil
- 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water – reserved from the cooking liquid
- Place the jalapenos in the 2 cups of water and place on the burner and bring to a boil. Once the jalapenos are boiling, lower the heat to a simmer. Cook the jalapenos at a medium simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the jalapenos have completed the cooking time, remove 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and reserve for later use.
- Next add the cooked jalapenos, chopped garlic, cilantro, salt, and the reserved cooking liquid to your blender.
- Turn the blender to medium to high speed and blend for approximately 30 seconds.
- While the blender is still on, slowly drizzle in the 1 cup of oil to create a thick, creamy consistency.
- Remove the creamy jalapeno from the blender and place in the refrigerator. Once the salsa is cool, it is ready to eat. Enjoy!
Freebirds’ Fire-Roasted Corn Salsa
- 8 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Shuck and grill the corn, then allow the ears of corn to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels of corn off the cob.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips and enjoy!
Freebirds’ Pico de Gallo
- 5 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 pound rough-chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, yellow onion, cilantro, serrano pepper, and jalapeno.
- Toss all the ingredients together with the lime juice and lemon juice.
- Give it a little taste and add a pinch of salt to your liking.
- Serve with warm tortillas and enjoy!