While the true spirit of the holidays is all about spending time with loved ones, the gift-giving aspect has been known to strike fear into even the most seasoned celebrator’s heart. So, what do you give the person who has it all? Here are a few ideas to put the merry back into the season.
For the Friend Who Loves Fitness
There is always that one person in life that genuinely loves getting up at 5 a.m. to go for a run. This person glows and exudes vitality and will talk excitedly about their new triathlon training plan while sipping a green kale-based juice. The best gift for them is, of course, something health related. Here are a few ideas:
- A portable blender. They will never again have to be stuck at the office without access to their favorite spinach and strawberry smoothie thanks to a personal-sized, portable blender.
- Many of the personal blenders available today can be charged via a USB cable so that they can be used in the car or at work. Several also chop and grind in addition to blend, so the healthy creations are endless. Pair the blender with a gift card to a local health food store, and you will be on their nice list all year long.
- Fitness watch. Help them keep a pulse on both their workout and their heart rate with a fitness watch. Many of the fitness watches available today have built-in GPS, so they can leave their phone behind and later view a map of their activity on a smartphone.
- Sports camera. Know someone into outdoor adventure? Gift them with a sports camera to capture their every move. From off-road biking to cliff diving, a waterproof sports camera will capture every bit of their glory. Fishermen and women will never again have to talk about the one that got away; now they will have visual proof of their prized catch. Consider picking a camera with an accessory pack and extra memory cards so they can get started right away.
For the Auto Enthusiast
You know the person. Their car is always immaculate and housed snugly in a garage with a polished floor. Their tires are rotated exactly on schedule, and they give meaning to the phrase “joy ride.” Add even more joy to their ride with these gift ideas:
- A car detail kit. Help them keep their vehicle squeaky clean with a detail kit. Grab a bucket and layer in items like a hose, sponges, wax, soap, and a car vacuum, and let them scrub their prized beauty to a sheen. Not the DIY type? Give them a gift certificate to a detail shop instead.
- Driving loafers and leather gloves. For drivers who want to keep it both classy and comfortable, gift them a pair of driving loafers with coordinating leather driving gloves. Not only will this keep them stylish on the road, but it will also keep them warm for the two months of cold weather Texas typically has in store.
- An upgraded sound system. Outside of gasoline, nothing fuels a good drive better than a great soundtrack. Give the gift of high-quality tunes via an upgraded sound system. For personalization points, you can even include a (digital) mix tape.
For the Art Lover
Whether you know someone who loves participating in art or is more of an art appreciator, this is the best season to gift him or her with something they can enjoy all year long. Here are a few ideas:
- An art museum membership. Any art lover will appreciate an art membership to a major art museum, like the Dallas Museum of Art, the Blanton Museum of Art in Austin, or the Museum of Fine Art in Houston. Most art museum memberships come with reciprocal memberships that can be used at museums across the country when traveling.
- An iPad Pro with an Apple pencil. It has always been a big leap to go from using a paintbrush or sketching pencil to a digital system, until now. The Apple pencil, which only works with the iPad Pro tablets, looks and feels like a white pencil, and can be used to draw, sketch, and write. There are dozens of apps specific to each type of art that can be used as a digital blank canvas.
- An art store gift card. Whether they are a seasoned artist or someone who just likes to dabble, any artist would love the opportunity to peruse the aisles of their favorite art store while filling their basket with supplies. consider boxing the gift card in an empty watercolor palette or tied around a package of professional artist’s brushes.
For the Fashion-Forward
Whether they are trendy, classic, or a mix between, this is the person you always call for fashion advice. Help them be even more fashion-forward with these gifts:
- A classic designer bag. You cannot go wrong gifting a fashion lover a classic designer bag. If they tend to lean toward timeless style and color schemes, make their year with a quilted CHANEL or Louis Vuitton bag. Those who lean toward trendier pieces might prefer a bag in a bolder color like blush or bright blue.
- Statement jewelry. Face it: few things will light up a fashionista’s face like seeing a statement piece of jewelry from an iconic brand in a little blue box. A Tiffany & Co. bracelet or ring will be a piece they are guaranteed to treasure year after year. As the saying goes, good things come in small packages.
- Custom-fit jeans. A well-fitting pair of jeans is paramount to every wardrobe, so gift the fashion lover in your life with jeans tailored specifically for them. At a custom clothier, they can choose the wash of the denim, the fit, and be measured, so it is guaranteed to fit them perfectly wash after wash.
For the Entertainer
This person always jumps at the chance to host an event and has a dining room decked with enough chairs for the entire neighborhood. Here are some ideas the entertainer in your life will love:
- An essential oil set and diffuser. Any good host knows that a winning scent is necessary for any soirée. A well-rounded collection of 100 percent essential oils with a diffuser that matches their style will allow them to provide a scented sensory experience that is sure to wow their guests.
- Getaway to the Texas wine country. What is a good party without good wine? Send the entertainer in your life off on a wine- and food-fueled safari through the Texas wine country. A tour that includes transportation that takes them to each of the vineyards will let them truly kick back, relax, and stock up on their favorite wines to bring home for their next party.
- Monthly flower subscription service. Another entertaining essential is freshly cut flowers displayed in vases. Help your favorite host cut down on an errand and gift them with a monthly flower subscription to their favorite local florist.