No reason to reach for a can of chicken chili in the pantry; a soul-warming soup is exactly what you need. Try this delicious family favorite made easily in the slow cooker. Serve it with tortilla chips for crunch.
- 1½ pounds chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups corn (white is preferred)
- 2 (15.5) ounce cans white Cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Half and Half Cream (light cream)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, if desired
- 1½ cups shredded Pepper-Jack cheese
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, chicken stock, green chiles, corn, beans, and onions.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- An hour before serving, heat the butter, half and half, cream cheese, and sour cream in a saucepan, whisking until smooth.
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker with two forks.
- Add the cream mixture to the chicken mixture in the slow cooker, and cook on low for about 1 more hour.
Sprinkle with cilantro and pepper jack to serve.