Indulge with an assortment of rich truffles in unique flavors! Homemade truffles are easy to make, and once you learn the technique, you can create any flavor imaginable.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
Yield: 24 truffles
Salty and sweet, these untraditional truffles are just right for those of you who love the salty and sweet complex. These truffles are reminiscent of a Butterfinger bar with one difference. Sriracha salt adds an unexpected burst of heat with every bite. If you cannot find sriracha salt, add a pinch of chipotle and use sea salt crystals.
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, your choice)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature.
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- Pinch of sriracha salt
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped pretzels
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Sriracha salt crystals for sprinkling on top
- Blend the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, confectioner’s sugar, and sriracha salt in the bowl of a stand mixture until smooth and well mixed.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour in the pretzels and graham cracker crumbs.
- Blend until smooth, and you can form balls of the mixture with your hands.
- Create tablespoon-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze until very firm, about 30 minutes.
- Dip the balls into the melted milk chocolate coating (instructions below).
- Sprinkle with a few sriracha salt crystals.
- Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
- Add the chocolate and the vegetable shortening to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. (Note: You may not need the whole 2 minutes.)
Try this recipe with all graham crackers or Ritz crackers.