Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
Yield: 24 truffles
Salty and sweet, these untraditional truffles are just right for those of you who love the salty and sweet complex. These truffles are reminiscent of a Butterfinger bar with one difference. Sriracha salt adds an unexpected burst of heat with every bite. If you cannot find sriracha salt, add a pinch of chipotle and use sea salt crystals.
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, your choice)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature.
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- Pinch of sriracha salt
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped pretzels
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Sriracha salt crystals for sprinkling on top
- Blend the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, confectioner’s sugar, and sriracha salt in the bowl of a stand mixture until smooth and well mixed.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour in the pretzels and graham cracker crumbs.
- Blend until smooth, and you can form balls of the mixture with your hands.
- Create tablespoon-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze until very firm, about 30 minutes.
- Dip the balls into the melted milk chocolate coating (instructions below).
- Sprinkle with a few sriracha salt crystals.
- Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
- Add the chocolate and the vegetable shortening to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. (Note: You may not need the whole 2 minutes.)
Try this recipe with all graham crackers or Ritz crackers.