As autumn descends in Texas, the new season highlights a pivotal shift from fruity seltzers and cocktails to all things pumpkin spice-infused. From coffee to pastries, introducing spices to your favorite cocktails is a simple and easy way to tailor drinks to the fall season. Pear and seasonal spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom are natural ingredients to bust out of the spice cabinet for this Moscow Mule recipe, which yields one drink, but can be easily doubled to serve more. It is equal parts tart and spicy, fully embracing the sweetness of the season. Bring out your mule mugs and follow these steps for a fall-inspired twist!
Spiced Pear Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pear juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 large pear, chopped
- Bring water, pear juice, and brown sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan on medium to high heat. Stir the mixture until brown sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar dissolves, add cinnamon stick, nutmeg, cardamom, and chopped pear pieces.
- For 30 minutes, decrease the heat to a low simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the stovetop to allow the syrup to cool.
- Once cooled, strain the syrup through a sieve. This will remove any residual ingredients unwanted in the Mule.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to cool. The syrup will last refrigerated for up to 10 days.
Spiced Pear Moscow Mule Ingredients:
- Spiced pear simple syrup
- 1 can of club soda or ginger beer
- 1 bottle of vodka
- 1 lime, wedges
- 1 large pear, wedges
- Cinnamon sticks
- Fill mule mugs with ice cubes.
- Pour equal parts simple syrup and vodka into a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then pour the concoction into the mug.
- Top mug off with the choice of club soda or ginger beer.
- Garnish Moscow Mule with lime juice from wedges, cinnamon stick, and pear wedge.
- Stir and enjoy!